Total Pageviews

Looking for older entries? *click click*

Tuesday 25 October 2016

Does it feel homey, yet? - Pt.1

Home.

As i recall my childhood memory, theres only one place i would call home.
We moved out a few times, but ended up staying at our first house. Its our house we staying in now.
Everyone was everywhere.
No one was really at home that time.
I stayed at my aunt's place for months after my UPSR.
I stayed at my bestfriend's place during the trial.
I often came back home from school but no one was there, so i went to my Tok Cik's place,
it was just few blocks away.

My childhood was truly something. Adapting myself at others' places had been the skills i picked up along the way.
Still, home was the best place i could remember.

Then came high school (boarding school).
Every long holiday got me hyped up. Feeling so excited to go home.
And when holiday ended, i have no problem going back to school,
but i can remember exactly what i did with my family and the memories i made at home.
Nothing feel so homey like home.

Next was A Level.
What else could i say. Lots of things happened.
I went through some life changing experience like love life conflicts, different community etc.
I learnt tonnes of things about myself too.
The bitter thing was, home isnt homey anymore.
I couldnt figure out why. I just felt it that way.
I didnt realize it at first. Until i caught myself making up reasons trying to go back to college instead of staying home for too long.

Home is not homey anymore.
I wonder why.







No comments:

Post a Comment